Friday 6 January 2012

Facebook is great, as is Twitter, Tumblr, etc. But I’m pretty bored of only the “Hipsters” being appreciated. There is beauty and talent everywhere, not just with the regular crowd who seemingly only appreciate carbon copies. It’s been an ambition of mine for quite to a while to create a hub for people to express themselves. A place for people to share what inspires them, things they’re passionate about, places they love and people they admire. I’m not going to fool myself into thinking it can happen overnight, but I’m determined to get the ball rolling this year. I’m turning 21 this year and I’m desperate to finally achieve this. 
In a world so full of negativity, the positive aspects can get lost and blurred so easily. People spend so much time reading, writing, and singing about things they hate and things that get them down. I wonder: have we lost the ability to truly accept the positive areas of our lives? Do we dwell on the negativity in order to feel good about ourselves? I’m not about that! I need creativity, and beauty, and inspiration in order to survive. It helps me become a better writer and photographer, and it helps me to become a better individual. 
So here is my plea: I can’t promise you that this project will hit the big time this year, or ever, in fact. But if there’s something you’re passionate about, or something you adore, then please share it with me. I will provide full details to anyone and everyone who is interested. Believe me, it will make so much more sense when I have people on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment