Thursday 29 December 2011

Being Ill: A Timeline

  • My bed isn't made.
  • Panic that this fuzzy head feeling is a sign of death.
  • Panic that I'm about to overdose on paracetamol.
  • Spend 20 minutes thinking about how much I hate Lemsip.
  • Panic that the constant quick changes between ear ache, blocked nose, sneezing fit and dizziness is a sure sign of death.
  • Panic that I'm going to run out of paracetamol and ibuprofen the minute Tesco closes.
  • Panic that I can't locate the Vicks and/or Karvol.
  • Panic that I might infect my cats with my germs.
  • Panic over my sudden love and appreciation of Lemsip.
  • Is this real life?
  • Worry that my boyfriend will leave me if he notices the collection of tissues on my bed and bedroom floor.
  • Worry that sick days leave me with too much spare time to worry about things like my amazing boyfriend leaving me because I'm ill.
  • Panic that I'll never find a full time job because employers hate the way my nose has a strange bump that make up doesn't hide.
  • Ally McBeal is GOD!
  • Panic that this is definitely what death feels like.
  • And my bed still isn't made.

No comments:

Post a Comment